BBQ Guru Challenge
2014 Official Rules
KCBS COMPETITION REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Eligibility: The BBQ Guru Challenge (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are of legal age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) and registered participants ("Competitor") in at least one (1) of the Kansas City Barbeque Society ("KCBS") sanctioned barbeque competition events (as outlined below in these Official Rules and collectively, "KCBS Events") at the time of entry (each such person, together with members of their respective competition team, shall collectively hereafter be an "Entrant"). Entrants must also use either BBQ Guru Controls and/or Onyx BBQ Ovens throughout the duration of the cooking process in any qualifying Event competition. Participation in the Contest is subject to the KCBS Events barbeque competition rules and winner judging process(es) (collectively, the "KCBS Competition Rules") as defined by KCBS Events for each of the ten (10) KCBS events encompassed by this Contest (each an "Event"), and otherwise meet the criteria specified in these Official Rules. Specific start and end times for each Regional Event will be as published by KCBS Events.
- Sponsor and its Agents: This Contest is sponsored by The BBQ Guru Company ("Sponsor") with onsite administration by Sponsor and certain agents of KCBS and/or MMA Creative, Inc., (collectively, "Sponsor and its Agents"). This Contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Agreement to these Official Rules: Entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules, KCBS Competition Rules, which are incorporated herein by reference and the decisions of Sponsor and/or its Agents. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Timing: The Contest starts at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on May 3, 2014, with the first Event listed on the Event Schedule and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on October 26, 2014, with the last Event on the Event Schedule (the "Contest Period"). Online pre-registration for the Contest opens February 14, 2014, and closes October 26, 2014 (the "Online Registration Period").
ONLINE REGISTRATION: To enter this Contest anytime during the Online Registration Period, visit www.kcbs.us/bbqguru (the "Site") and register as a KCBS Competitor. Then, locate the link to the The BBQ Guru Challenge and follow the instruction prompts to submit your name (and those of your respective team members, if any), email address, telephone number, and social media handles) via the online registration form, plus any additional information as directed. Entrants who pre-register online during the Online Registration period will receive an email confirmation with their team member names and a verification number (the "Registration Confirmation"). For purposes of this Contest, the person having completed the online registration on behalf of his or her team members, if any, will be the designated Entrant and team contact person (the "Team Contact") and responsible for complying with these Official Rules.No other methods of registration will be accepted. Completed online registrations must be sent electronically during the Online Registration Period and received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 26, 2014, according to Sponsor's internal time clock. Proof of submission of an online registration is not proof of delivery or receipt of such registration by Sponsor and/or its Agents. Use of a false email account will disqualify a registration. Registrations generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means that subvert the entry process are void. Because space and time are limited, Sponsor cannot guarantee that all persons attempting to register online will be able to participate. Registration will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
In the event of a dispute as to any registration, Entry or the identity of an Entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used at time of online registration for the Contest will be deemed to be the Entrant (on behalf of his/her competition team members, if any) and he/she must be comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The Entrant may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
ONSITE CHECK-IN; ENTRY CONFIRMATION & REQ. TO USE BBQ GURU PRODUCTS: To complete and confirm an entry in this Contest, the Team Contact must arrive onsite on the day of each Event for which he/she registers, check in during the event's "cook's meeting" and present Sponsor and/or its Agents with the printed online registration Confirmation to certify their use of BBQ Guru Controls and/or Onyx BBQ Ovens throughout the duration of the cooking process (the "Check-in Information"). Once the Sponsor and/or its Agents verify (i) the Entrant is an eligible KCBS Competitor named in the registration Confirmation, and (ii) receipt of other requested Check-in Information, the Entrant will be provided a "Cooking with BBQ Guru" placard and an official acknowledgement of Contest Entry (collectively, the "Entry" or "Entries"). No other methods of check-in or entry will be accepted.
LIMITS ON ENTRY: Entrants may enter one (1) or more Events, however only one (1) entry will be accepted per Entrant, per Event. Regardless of the number of Events entered, all Entrants must confirm entry by presenting themselves for check-in at each Event's "cook's meeting." Completed Entries must be received onsite by the Sponsor and/or its Agents on the day of the particular Event. Sponsor and its Agents, in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person who violates these Official Rules.
- Event Schedule:*
Event Title Occuring In On Dates Naptown barBAYq Contest and Music Festival Annapolis MD 5/3 - 5/4/2014 Rock'n Ribs BBQ Festival Springfield MO 5/9-5/10/2014 St. Louis Blues Week Festival St. Louis MO 5/23 - 5/25/2014 Blue Ridge BBQ and Music Festival Tryon NC 6/13 - 6/14/2014 The Great Lenexa BBQ Battle Lenexa KS 6/27 - 6/28/2014 Ribs, Pigs and Watermelons Huntington Beach CA 8/8 - 8/10/2014 Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge Conifer CO 8/15 - 8/16/2014 Bliss Brews and Que Ft. Bliss TX 10/10 - 10/11/2014 Wings Over N. Georgia (Smoke -n- Thunder Classic) Rome GA 10/18 - 10/19/2014 Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue Lynchburg TN 10/24 - 10/26/2014
*All events are subject to change
- Contest Format: At the conclusion of each Event, Event organizers will determine BBQ Guru Challenge Winner and BBQ Guru Challenge Runner Up Event winners ("Competition Winners") based on Competition Rules. All Competition Winners will be selected under the auspices of the Events, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to afroementioned Events. For purposes of this Contest, once Competition Winners have been determined, this Contest Sponsor will announce winners and distribute prize money.
To be eligible to receive additional prize money, Entrants must have used BBQ Guru Controls and/or Onyx BBQ Ovens during competition cooking as determined by Sponsor and/or its Agents, in its/their sole discretion. Entrants need to compete with BBQ Guru Products to be eligible for a BBQ Guru Challenge Event Cash Prize.
If an Entrant is disqualified from Event participation at any level, any time and for any reason by KCBS officials, the Entrant will likewise be automatically disqualified from further participation in this Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from participation in this Contest at any level, any time and for any reason.
By entering, each Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor's administration of this Contest, and awarding of all prizes, is wholly dependent upon Event officials' independent and timely administration of all activities, including determination of BBQ Guru Challenge Winner and BBQ Guru Challenge Runner Up Winners for each Event. By entering, each Entrant further acknowledges that, apart from its reliance on officials to identify winners at each of the Events for purposes of Sponsor's apportioning of points to Entrants and ultimate selection of winners in this Contest, Sponsor has no control in the outcomes, or responsibility for cancellations of Events. In the event of a cancellation of an Event, that particular Event, and all corresponding Entries and potential prizes, are voided for purposes of this Contest.
All Entrants must follow Sponsor and/or its Agents' directions. All decisions and rulings of Sponsor and/or its Agents are final.
- Prizes; Winner Selection: Ten (10) BBQ Guru Challenge Winner Cash Prizes, Ten (10) BBQ Guru Challenge Runner Up Cash Prizes are available to be awarded in this Contest as follows and subject to verification of Entrants' compliance with these Official Rules and cumulative point totals.
Ten (10) BBQ Guru Challenge Winner Cash Prizes: At the conclusion of each Event, the registered Competitor with the highest number of points will each receive one (1) check in the amount of seven hundred and fifty ($750 USD). Total value of all BBQ Guru Challenge Winner Cash Prizes: $7,500 USD. In the event Sponsor is unable to verify BBQ Guru Challenge Winner's use of the required BBQ Guru products, then the prize will be awarded to the registered team with the highest number of points who did use the required products.
Ten (10) BBQ Guru Challenge Runner Up Cash Prizes: At the conclusion of each Event, registered
Competitor with the second highest number of points who used the at least one (1) of the required BBQ Guru products during competition cooking, will each receive one (1) check in the amount of three hundred ($300 USD). Total value of all Event BBQ Guru Challenge Runner Up Cash Prizes: $3,000 USD. In the event Sponsor is unable to verify BBQ Guru Challenge Winner's use of the required BBQ Guru products, then the prize will be awarded to the registered team with the next highest number of points who did use the required products.
Whether a Winner is represented by a single individual, or a team of persons, only one prize will be awarded and delivered to the winning Team Contact and it will be his or her sole responsibility to distribute prizes equitably among any team members.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Only the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, gratuities, unspecified expenses and all applicable federal, state and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners/teams. Winners/teams assume all liability for use of the prize.
- Winner Notification: Potential winners' Team Contact will be notified onsite following the conclusion of the day's Regional Event activities, or by a message or phone call using the contact information provided at entry and may be required to sign and return a W-9 and complete and return simple biographical information (including email address, telephone number, and social media handles) within seven (7) days of winning. By entering the BBQ Guru Challenge the winner's Team Contact agrees to necessitate the posting of photos of winning team/individual with registered BBQ Guru products to personal social media accounts, including tags to post photos and updates to "@The BBQ Guru" and "@The Kansas City Barbeque Society" on Facebook and "@BBQ_Guru" and "@KCBBQSOCIETY" on Twitter. If a Team Contact cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period, is contacted and does not respond as directed, refuses the prize within seven (7) days of attempted notification, is ineligible to accept the prize or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize may be forfeited. If a prize is forfeited, Sponsor reserves the right to award it to a runner-up. Team Contact(s) may be required to provide a U.S. shipping address to claim prize. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of prize.
- Right to Use Participant Name and Likeness:By entering this Contest, each Participant agrees to the posting and use of his or her name, hometown and/or photograph on Sponsor's and/or its Agents' websites, and in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity and advertising for BBQ Guru, this Contest, or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
Sponsor and/or its Agents may film, record and/or take photographs during any Event, and may use the resulting footage, recordings or photographs for a range of purposes, including, without limitation, for marketing and promoting Sponsor and/or its Agents' products and services. By attending the Event, each Participant authorizes Sponsor and its Agents to film, record and/or photograph his or her voice and likeness ("Image"), and also grants Sponsor and its Agents the irrevocable right to use any footage, recordings or photographs of him or her recorded or taken during any Event, or any reproduction or modification thereof (collectively, the "Recordings") in any manner and medium throughout the world an unlimited number of times in perpetuity for advertising, trade, promotion, exhibition or any other lawful purpose except where prohibited by law. By attending the Event, except where prohibited by law, each Participant further waives any right of inspection or approval of the uses to which Sponsor may put the Recordings, and releases Sponsor and its Agents from any and all claims arising out of or in connection with the Recordings, the Participant's Image or Sponsor's and/or its Agents' use thereof. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States, and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
- General Conditions; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS, FACEBOOK AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDARIES AND ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES (COLLECTIVELY, "RELEASED PARTIES") ARE NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST BY ANY PARTICIPANT OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, SHIPPING AND HANDLING, LOSS, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST, OR FOR THE TRAVEL TO OR FROM ANY REGIONAL EVENT, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANT ASSUMES SOLE LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURIES AND/OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, SHIPPING AND HANDLING, LOSS, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST, OR FOR THE TRAVEL TO OR FROM ANY REGIONAL EVENT, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY. SPONSOR HAS THE RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE OR MODIFY THIS CONTEST IF IT CANNOT BE COMPLETED AS PLANNED DUE TO COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR OTHER CONDITIONS. RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE TO CONTACT ENTRANTS, WHETHER DUE TO TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR.
- Rules and List of Winners: For a copy of the rules, or a list of winners within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the Contest, please send your request by mail with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to: Attn: The BBQ Guru Challenge, BBQ Guru, 357 Ivyland Road Warminster, PA 18974-2205.
- Sponsor: This Contest is sponsored by BBQ Guru, 357 Ivyland Road Warminster, PA 18974-2205.
© 2014 BBQ Guru. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.