The Kingsford® Points Chase
Oct 30, 2012
The Jack Daniel’s World Championship Barbecue competition has become a meeting place for BBQ teams across the globe and the invitational division has become one of the most highly coveted invites. Throw in the Kingsford® $40K Challenge as well and you’ve got the makings for one of the biggest prize purses in the BBQ circuit.
For lead pitmaster Scott Nelson and his team, Pigskin BBQ, “The Jack” was perhaps one of the most memorable competitions for them as they beat out numerous top ranking teams for the Grand Champion position.
“The best moment was when we got the Pork call,” said Nelson. “I knew we cooked a good brisket and that if we got a pork call, we had a good shot at winning [the whole thing]. It’s still hard to believe we won The Jack… Thank you, Kingsford®!”
Though this is the first year competing under Pigskin BBQ, Nelson and his teammates are no strangers to the BBQ competition world and have maintained a long-time relationship with Kingsford®.
“We have always used Kingsford® to some degree,” said Nelson. “But this year, we switched to straight ‘blue bag’ on our big meats and haven’t looked back. We use Kingsford® because it allows us to get longer burns and adds that great ‘grilled’ flavor to our meat even if it has been smoked.” Nelson also brags about the versatility of Kingsford®, noting that whether he’s competing with BBQ or at home grilling a steak, he’s a Kingsford® man through and through.
Scott Nelson and Pigskin BBQ are still relishing the moment of their hard-earned win and couldn’t imagine making it that far without Kingsford® Charcoal to light the way.
- Oct 16, 2012 - Sam's Club National BBQ Tour
- Oct 09, 2012 - A home run for Quau at American Royal
- Sep 24, 2012 - Praise the Lard!
- Sep 17, 2012 - 18th Annual Decatur Jaycees Riverfest
- Sep 10, 2012 - Montana Q Making Waves with the Kingsford® $40K Challenge in Grand Junction
- Jul 30, 2012 - Up in Smoke Kingsford® $40K Challenge
- Jun 23, 2012 - Firefighters Torch DC
- Jun 15, 2012 - Degüello Swinetastic in Maryland
- Jun 12, 2012 - Red Hot Smokers Fire off a Win in the $40K Kingsford Challenge
- Jun 05, 2012 - Iron Wheel Rolls in Bixby
- Jun 01, 2012 - Checkered Pig Happenin at the Happenin
- May 25, 2012 - Barrel Comes Up Big at Banjo B Que
- May 21, 2012 - Dead Pigs Rock Springfield
- May 07, 2012 - Slap Yo Daddy Hits Vegas Jackpot
- Nov 17, 2011 - Big Bob Gibson Rolls The Jack!
- Nov 07, 2011 - QUAU Comes Up Big in Georgia
- Oct 28, 2011 - Munchin’ Hogs Eat Up the Royal
- Oct 21, 2011 - Hot Meat Smokers Aren’t Singing the Blues
- Oct 11, 2011 - Gilly Barnstorms the ‘Boro
- Sep 27, 2011 - Choppers Chop Up Competition in Decatur
- Sep 16, 2011 - Burnin’ Bob Burns Up Worland
- Sep 07, 2011 - Lakeside Smokers Double Down Maine
- Jul 28, 2011 - They are the champions
- Jul 18, 2011 - Swine Assassins repeat at Iowa State BBQ Championship
- Jul 18, 2011 - ‘Que - The sweet scent of victory
- Jul 01, 2011 - Pellet Envy, the envy of the Great Lenexa BBQ battle
- Jun 24, 2011 - T’N’T Dynamite BBQ lives up to name at Roc City Rib Fest
- Jun 06, 2011 - Early Bird BBQ gets the ‘Que
- Jun 06, 2011 - Lotta Bull BBQ shares love of ‘que
- Jun 03, 2011 - Come hell or high water, Twyford BBQ takes KPC in Memphis
- May 19, 2011 - From the “Bucket List” to BBQ champion
- May 17, 2011 - Bourbon Barrel BBQ blazes own BBQ trail
- May 09, 2011 - All Sauced Up gets all fired up at Stagecoach
- Apr 27, 2011 - Lo-n-Slo BBQ and Quau earn Kingsford Points Chase wins!
- Apr 18, 2011 - Grillin' on the River - Columbus, MS
- Apr 04, 2011 - Kingsford Points Chase fired up in Hammond, LA
- Mar 17, 2011 - Kingsford fires up the BBQ trail with 2011 programs