Inaugural Sam's Club National BBQ Tour – Judges Registration Announced!February 14, 2011 Calling all certified judges! Here’s your chance to be part of history!
Registration for The Inaugural Sam's Club National BBQ Tour is about to begin. Just like the team registration process, all registrations will be handled online using a first-come, first-serve process.
Rules for registering are easy:
1. You have to be a certified judge in good membership standing. Each member can only register for one contest. (Family memberships can register two people for a contest, as long as both members are certified judges.)
2. The first registration period will last for 48 hours. (Noon EST on Thursday, Feb. 17 through Noon EST on Saturday, Feb. 19.)
3. To register, click here.
4. Select the contest for which you want to be a judge. You can select a “local” or “regional” contest. (The National Championship is reserved for Master Judges.)
5. Fill out all the required information (name, email, membership number, CBJ status).
6. Wait for confirmation from KCBS.
There will be 40 official judge positions for each contest, and your Contest Rep will seat you as a judge or assign your duties as a table captain or volunteer.
A waiting list for each contest will also be created, in case some judges can’t make the event when it occurs.
As always, all judges will be considered volunteers and have to take the KCBS pledge prior to being seated. With all the best BBQ teams already signed up, there’s no doubt that you will be rewarded handsomely if you make the list!
Be ready to click away on Thursday!