2011 Member Survey Results and Gift Card WinnersJuly 15, 2011
Over the last several years, KCBS has seen substantial, positive growth – from the number of sanctioned contests to certified judges to members. There are more than 400 sanctioned events across the United States each year and more than 5,000 teams competing.
With our membership soon to surpass the 15,000 mark, it is important for us to keep up with your thoughts, concerns and opinions – competitors, judges and members alike. That is why we conduct an annual member’s survey.
This year, more than 2,600 surveys were completed. Below are some interesting statistics from the survey:
- 71.2% of KCBS members are on Facebook
- 56.7% of KCBS members who compete prefer charcoal over any other heating source
- 83.8% of KCBS members prepare their own side dishes
- 67.6% of KCBS members barbeque at home for leisure more than 25 times each year
- 48.9% of KCBS members compete in or attend 1-5 events each year and 26.2% compete in or attend 6-10 events each year
- 80.6% of KCBS members are Certified Barbeque Judges
It is information like this that allows us to create special programs for events and teams, like the Kingsford Points Chase (56.7% prefer charcoal over any other heating source) and the Reser’s Fine Foods American Classics Summer Series (83.8% prepare their own side dishes). These programs offer additional prize money to teams and exposure for events, and ultimately, KCBS and the sport of barbeque.
Congratulations to the following KCBS members who won one of the five $100 Sam’s Club gift cards:
- Jeff Anderson
- Tom Moua
- Laroy Burgess
- Ryan Gesser
- Mike Tucker