KCBS COMMITTEE REPORTS - October 10, 2012October 8, 2012
KCBS COMMITTEE REPORTS - October 2012
MARKETING REPORT - Jeff Stith
- Total September Sales: $1795
- Advertising sold for September: $600
- Uploaded October Bullsheet
- Uploaded MP3 of September’s BOD
- 2013 Banquet Registration
- Partner Programs Update:
- Tyson Best Wing on the Planet- 4 activations in Sept.
- Reser’s America’s Best Potato Salad Challenge – 2 activations in Sept.
- Kingsford $40K Challenge- –3 activations in Sept.
- 3 successful tour activations in September: Smokin’ in Mesquite BBQ Challenge in Mesquite, NV, Colorado Pork and Hops Challenge in Grand Junction, CO and Praise the Lard Murphysboro BBQ Cook-Off in Murphysboro, IL
- Continual coordination and logistics for the remainder of 2012 GABT Tour
Sam’s National BBQ Tour
- Continual Coordination and Logistics for 2012 Sam’s Tour- 1 local events in Laurel, MD and 3 regional events in Chesapeake, VA, Hendersonville, TN and St. Charles, MO
- Continual PR/Social Media Updates
- Sam’s National Championship Weekend: planning, sponsor coordination and VIP party planning/logistics, hotel group block created
- Social Media, using MMA, KCBS, and GABT Facebook and Twitter pages to promote KCBS-related events/promotions
- GABT: 2157 Twitter Followers / 1515 FB Likes
- KCBS: 1857 Twitter Followers / 11,144 FB Likes
- Updated News section of KCBS website as necessary (Sam’s Club results, Banquet News)
- Bullsheet Content – Sam’s Review, Kingsford Review, Tyson recap, Reser’s Review, Smithfield Review
- GABT blog post reviews
- GABT, monitored local PR for Smokin’ in Mesquite and Praise the Lard in Chicago and Reno, NV markets
- Sharing GABT Big Green Egg promotions via Twitter and Facebook (over 50 people participated in our GABT Big Green Egg Twitter contest which ran September 20-25)
- Smithfield Seal of Approval planning/update from Mike
FINANCIAL REPORT - Mark Simmons
The finance committee recommends the adoption of the financial reports submitted to the Board of Directors for September 2012.
SANCTIONING REPORT - Karrin Murphy
3/1-2 Smokin in the Square Pensacola FL
4/5-6 Stillwater Elks 25th Annual Blazathon Stillwater OK
4/19-20 8th Annual Smokin' Red Dirt BBQ Enid OK
4/19-20 Rock'n Ribs BBQ Festival Springfield MO
5/17-18 Chesapeake Jubilee BBQ Cook-off Chesapeake VA
5/31-6/1 McLouth BBQ Blowout 22nd Annual McLouth KS
5/31-6/1 Bridge City BBQ Fest Ottumwa IA
6/28-29 Grillin' in Grafton Grafton WI
7/5-6 Rio Rancho Pork & Brew State BBQ Championship Rio Rancho NM
7/26-27 Up In Smoke BBQ Bash Mason City IA
8/16-17 9th Annual Pepsi Wyoming State BBQ & Bluegrass
Festival Worland WY
8/16-17 Mountain Maryland BBQ Cumberland MD
8/23-24 New Holland Summer Fest New Holland PA
8/23-24 Up In Smoke on the Square Lincoln IL
9/20-21 Tilley Harley-Davidson Biker Blues BBQ Rally
And BBQ Classic Salisbury NC
3/22-23 Best of the Basin Barbeque Championship Midland TX
3/22-23 Heatin' Up the Bricks Kearney NE
5/3-4 West Knoxville Rotary BBQ Cookoff Knoxville TN
5/17-18 Buckeye State BBQ Championship West Chester oh
6/1-2 Manadnock Up in Smoke BBQ Fest Swanzey NH
6/7-8 Podunk Pig Party Springwater NY
7/19-20 Warren All American BBQ Festival Warren PA
7/19-20 Smokin the Valley Blueberry Festival and
Bar-B-Que Cook-Off Unicoi TN
8/16-17 Conifer Mountain BBQ Challenge Conifer CO
10/4-5 Bluff City Octoberfest Memphis TN
10/10-12 City of Earlington Octoberfest Earlington KY
8/17-18 Kansas City Kosher BBQ Competition & Festival Overland Park KS
EDUCATION COMMITTEE REPORT - Tana Shupe
I am asking the Education Committee to prepare a series of "lessons" for young cooks designed to instruct and engage them in the basics of cooking, and would progress through numerous levels of accomplishment by which they can earn badges or pins that recognize each level they reach.
Our goal is to develop a program that can be accessed on the KCBS website and which will facilitate, monitor, and recognize the cooks' progress through the various levels of achievement.
REP COMMITTEE - Mark Simmons:
The rep committee met by conference call Tuesday, October 2 and make the following recommendations:
The rep committee unanimously moves that Alex Brown, who has completed his RAT training, be approved as a rep and is now able to accept rep assignments, effective immediately.
The rep committee unanimously moves that Kent and Rachel Scheetz, who have completed their RAT training, be approved as reps and are now able to accept rep assignments, effective immediately.
The rep committee moves that a statement concerning no cell phone usage during a contest be included in the 2013 CD. Any cell phone or camera usage must be either before the first category for judging occurs or thereafter, must be outside of the tent.
The rep committee asks that the following statement, subject to modest revision by the BOD, be included on the 2013 Judges' meeting CD ... "Table captains should eat away from their table of judges or eat discreetly at the table. Discreetly means to "eat in a way that it is not possible to identify a piece of meat with a specific box at your table" or in any way to influence the judges.
CBJ REPORT - Mike Lake:
YTD Update as follows: 71 Classes, 3,108 attendees, 773 KCBS members, 2,321 new members, 19 media.
ELECTION COMMITTEE - Randy Bigler:
Update of Nominees