Our members' privacy is very important to us. For that reason, KCBS, MMA Creative and their marketing partners use all reasonable efforts to be responsible when gathering personal information and to protect such information. Although this policy is not a contract and does not create any legal rights, it does demonstrate our commitment to protecting personal information and your privacy.
This policy is intended to answer your questions about the kind of information we collect from this web site and how we safeguard its confidentiality in the event that anything is shared with partners. There are options that allow you to prevent information sharing or to correct any personal data.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to facilitate your experience, and manage our business, we collect and maintain personal information about you. The Company collects customer information from many sources to understand and meet your needs. We collect personal information about you from:
- You personally, when you voluntarily provide us with information;
- Your browser, when you visit our web sites and your browser interacts with us;
- Your transactions and interactions with our affiliates, partners, sponsors and service providers;
- and other sources, in connection with information booths at events.
The personal information we collect about you through these various sources may include, but is not limited to:
Name, address, telephone number, date of birth (DOB), country of residence, gender and favorite driver; - E-mail addresses, fax numbers and pager numbers - Your Member number, login name, password, password hint and display name; - Credit/debit card numbers, including associated billing addresses and expiration dates; - Transactional and online activity data pertaining to the Program; - Information concerning your interests and/or your use of products and services; - Personal information provided via survey, focus groups or other marketing research efforts; and - Personal information provided to customers-service representatives to research and resolve issues or question.
You may also be able to submit information about other people. For example, you might submit a person's name and e-mail address to send an electronic message or to send a gift membership or, or another person's name and address if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the him/her.
Depending on the request, you may be asked for additional information to properly authenticate your membership with KCBS. For those benefits that require you to submit a reimbursement/rebate claim for merchandise, you will be required to complete a form requesting the information needed to process the claim. Depending on the type of claim and the circumstances surrounding the claim, additional documentation may be required. In most cases, when a claim is submitted to us, the data is transferred to a partner for processing. The claim information submitted and the claim status can be reviewed or updated by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Only persons who provide us with the requested membership or personal information necessary will be able to order products from this web site and possibly participate in other sponsor/partner offerings.
In addition to obtaining your personal information, when you use our web sites or the web sites of our affiliates, partners, sponsors or service providers, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the name of your Internet service provider, and the pages visited on the site. We obtain this information to improve the functionality and user-friendliness of our site and to better tailor our site to our visitors' needs. We also use this information to verify that visitors meet the criteria required to process requests. None of this tracking information identifies you personally; we collect it for reporting onsite activity in the aggregate. For example, we may want to know how long an average user spends on our site or which pages or features get the most activity.
COOKIES AND WEB TRAX
To enhance your experience with our site, many of our web pages use "cookies". Cookies are text files we place in your computer's browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering for a service or product on the site. However, once you choose to furnish the site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
- "Web trax" are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web trax on this site from time to time for this and other purposes.
- In addition, we may use third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements on search engines and/or when you visit our Web site and sites upon which we advertise. This technology uses information about your visits to this Web site and the sites upon which we advertise to serve advertisements to you. In the course of serving our advertisements, a unique third-party cookie may be placed or recognized on your browser. We may also use web trax, provided by our ad serving partner, to help manage our online advertising. These web trax enable our ad server to recognize a browser's cookie when a browser visits this site and to learn which advertisements or listings bring users to our Web site. The information we collect and share through this technology is NOT personally identifiable.
We may also provide survey questionnaires and track your traffic patterns, benefit usage and preferences in a personally identifiable manner, in order to better service your membership in a sponsorship program, personalize your service and develop additional benefits that will be of interest to you.
Any information gathered from click data, benefit usage, surveys, preferences, log files, cookies and other ways you interact with our sites is aimed at servicing your membership, helping us develop the design and layout of the site, and determining additional benefits and offers that may be of value to our membership. Any information gathered from refund/rebate claim forms is used to service your claims.
NETWORK TRAFFIC LOGS
In the course of ensuring network security and consistent service for all users, we employ software programs to do such things as monitor network traffic, identify unauthorized access or access to nonpublic information, detect computer viruses and other software that might damage our computers or the network, and monitor and tune the performance of the network. In the course of such monitoring, these programs may detect such information as e-mail headers, addresses from network packets, and other information. Information from these activities is used only for the purpose of maintaining the security and performance of our networks and computer systems.
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of children. For this reason, we do not collect or maintain information from children we know are under the age of thirteen (13) except as permitted by law. We also encourage parents to discuss the Internet with their children and monitor personal information that a child may provide via the Internet
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
We do not sell or disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties except to the extent required by law or otherwise in compliance with this policy. Specifically, please note the following:
- We may use the information you provide about yourself to fulfill your requests for our products, programs and services, to respond to your inquiries about our offerings, and to offer you other products, advertisements, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- We sometimes use this information to communicate with you, such as to notify you when you have won one of our contests or when we make changes to our membership agreements, to fulfill a request by you for an online update, or to contact you about your account with us.
- We use the information that you provide about others to enable us to send them gifts or membership info. From time to time we also may use this information to offer our products, programs, or services to them.
- In addition, we may use data for administrative and analytic purposes, such as information systems management, accounting, billing, and audits, credit card processing and verification, customer-relations correspondence, and other operation management functions with respect to our services.
- We may also provide your personally identifiable information and/or reports to authorized and officially recognized sponsors of KCBS for their use in connection with membership benefits or independent marketing efforts. These third-parties may send you email relating to their products and/or services. If you do not want to receive information from such sponsors, you will be given an opportunity to opt out of the program.
- In addition to the above, we sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf or otherwise in connection with our membership services, such as hosting our web sites, distributing promotions or sweepstakes, performing marketing surveys, focus groups, or interviews or promoting other opportunities offered by KCBS. These parties may have access to personal information, such as addresses, needed to perform their functions, but are generally restricted from using it for other purposes. We may also disclose this information to third parties, such as employers, who have arranged discounts, purchased travel or other services on your behalf.
- We have unique partnerships with individual supplier companies for the purpose of providing the various benefits of KCBS. As such, we may be required to exchange information, which may include your e-mail address, with one or more of these suppliers in order to ensure that you are able to use the service and realize these benefits when you choose to do so. The information exchanged is limited to what is required to meet this purpose.
- We also uses customer information to identify, develop and market products and services that we believe you will value. From time to time, you may receive offers from our affiliates or from third-party companies with whom we have a business relationship. These third parties are also subject to confidentiality requirements with respect to your information.
THIRD-PARTY COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
We sometimes may offer content (e.g., contests, sweepstakes, or promotions) that is sponsored by or co-branded with identified third parties. By virtue of these relationships, the third parties may obtain personally identifiable information that visitors voluntarily submit to participate in the site activity. We do not have ultimate control over these third parties' use of this information.
While a Member of KCBS, you cannot opt out of emails related to your membership or service benefits. To cancel your Membership, and to no longer receive email communications related to your membership, please contact our office.
Promotional Emails: We would like to keep you informed about emails that do not relate to your Membership or service benefits ("Promotional Offers") from KCBS, our affiliates and from third parties. If you wish to be taken off these mailings and/or telemarketing lists, please uncheck the box labeled "Receive promotional emails" in the Profile page on our web sites (this will be active when our Members Only functions are launched).
Please note that we will continue to mail you information that you may find valuable, such as the availability of special offers and new or upgraded products, services, and member benefits, even if you have unchecked the box for receiving promotional emails.
In addition to this method, which applies to your web site preferences, other companies or offerings pertaining to our specials may require different steps to change your preferences for participation. Please review those other company or offering web pages directly for any additional or different requirements to change your preferences.
If you participate in one of our web discussion forums or chat rooms, you should be aware that the information you provide there will, by the very nature of the use of a forum or chat room, be made available to others, potentially inside and outside of KCVBS and its affiliates. Also, please recognize that the individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant's opinion set forth on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of KCBS.
The information we collect in connection with our online forums and communities is used to provide an interactive experience. We use this information to facilitate participation in these online forums and communities and, from time to time, to offer you products, programs, or services. if you choose to submit content for publication (e.g., questions for an online chat guest), we may publish your screen name and other information you have provided to us (e.g., transcript of the chat, including your question).
Information security is important to KCBS. We maintain standard physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in an effort to protect personal information and we regularly review our security standards and procedures to protect against unauthorized access to personal information. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us through electronic means. We ask that you do your part by maintaining your Internet, Program and web site passwords and access codes strictly confidential. You should not disclose your Password to third parties. If someone else knows your Password, you may lose substantial control over your personally identifiable information and may be liable for legally binding actions taken in your name by the person using your Password. Therefore, if your Password has been compromised, you should immediately contact our office. Similarly, while we provide the option to place a "Remember Me" cookie on your machine that allows you automatic login when using that machine, you should not select that option if you are using a public or otherwise unsecured machine (your local library, for instance), as this may give others using that machine access to your benefits or contact information.
E-mails you receive as a member of KCBS may include links that provide automatic login. If you forward those e-mails to third parties, you may be providing them access to your benefits or contact information.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this policy, or if you wish to correct your personally identifiable information, please contact us at 1-800-963-KCBS (5227), or write to us at KCBS, 11514 Hickman Mills Drive, Kansas City, MO 64134.