The 2013 Rancher’s Reserve® Beef Cup
2013 Rancher's Reserve® Beef Cup Points Chase Official RulesKCBS COMPETITION REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST. USE OF RANCHER'S RESERVE BEEF IS REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST. RANCHER'S RESERVE BEEF MUST BE PURCHASED AT A LOCAL SAFEWAY RETAILER TO ENTER OR WIN. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. The Rancher's Reserve Beef Cup Points Chase contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal adult residents of the 50 United States and registered participants ("Competitor") in at least one (1) of the Kansas City Barbeque Society ("KCBS") sanctioned barbeque competition events (as outlined below in these official rules) in the 2013 Rancher's Reserve Beef Cup Tour (collectively, the "RR Beef Cup") at the time of entry (each such person, together with members of their respective competition team, shall collectively hereafter be an "Entrant"). Participation in the Contest is subject to the 2013 RR Beef Cup competition rules and winner judging process(es) (collectively, the "KCBS Competition Rules") as defined by the KCBS for each of the ten (10) regional KCBS events (each a "Regional Event") as described in the schedule further below (the "Regional Event Schedule"), and otherwise meet the criteria specified in these Rules. Specific start and end times for each Regional Event in the KCBS Tour will be as published by KCBS.
2. Sponsor and its Agents: This Contest is sponsored by Rancher's Reserve c/o Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation ("Sponsor") with onsite administration by Sponsor and certain agents of the Kansas City Barbeque Society and/or MMA Creative, Inc., (collectively, "Sponsor and its Agents"). This Contest is void where prohibited, restricted or taxed by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Agreement to these Official Rules: Entrants accept and agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules, the KCBS Competition Rules, which are incorporated herein by reference and the decisions of Sponsor and/or its Agents (the "Judge" of the Contest). Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest starts on April 1, 2013, at 12:00 a.m. EST with the first Regional Event listed on the Regional Event Schedule and ends on November 23, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST with the announcement of the Rancher's Reserve Beef Cup Points Chase Champion winners at the annual KCBS banquet (the "Contest Period"). Any points accumulated by Competitors in other KCBS sponsored events not listed below in the "Regional Event Schedule" shall not be considered for the purposes of awarding a prize in this Contest.
5. Entry: To enter this Contest, each team will need to register with the Regional Events in the schedule further below. A team can register until the day of an event via the KCBS website, however, teams that have not registered three (3) weeks prior to the event will not be guaranteed that the beef products will be available at local Safeway retailers. After registering, the team will receive an RR Beef Cup confirmation code from the online system. Upon arrival to the actual event, teams will need to provide a Safeway retailer receipt as proof of purchase of a six (6 lbs.) or less Rancher's Reserve Top Sirloin and a completed recipe card to the event director for use by sponsor.
6. Contest Format; Scoring System: At the conclusion of each Regional Event on the Regional Event Schedule, KCBS officials will determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Regional Event winners ("Competition Winners") in the RR Beef Cup category. All Competition Winners will be selected under the auspices of the KCBS, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the RR Beef Cup. For purposes of this Contest, once Competition Winners have been determined by KCBS officials, MMA Creative will allocate points for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place for the Rancher's Reserve Beef Cup Points Chase based on the scoring system outlined in the table below.
|Rancher's Reserve® Beef Cup Event|
|Presented after each event:|
|1st Place||30 points|
|2nd Place||20 points|
|3rd Place||10 points|
Entrants' point standings will be recorded and announced onsite at the conclusion of each Regional Event and an official running tally of Entrants' points will be published on the KCBS website.
If an Entrant is disqualified at any level, any time and for any reason by KCBS officials from participation in a RR Beef Cup Regional Event, the Entrant will likewise be automatically disqualified from further participation in this Contest. If the Entrant is one who previously competed in a RR Beef Cup Regional Event and was allocated points in this Contest, then the Entrant's accumulated points (up to the time of disqualification) will remain in the official Contest point tally and the Entrant will still be eligible for prize consideration.
By entering, each Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor's administration of this Contest, and awarding of all prizes, is wholly dependent upon KCBS officials' independent and timely administration of all RR activities, including determination of 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place RR Beef Cup additional beef category winner for each Regional Event.
By entering, each Entrant further acknowledges that, apart from its reliance on RR Beef Cup officials to identify winners at each of the Regional Events for purposes of Sponsor's apportioning of points to Entrants and ultimate selection of winners in this Contest, Sponsor has no control in the outcomes, or responsibility for cancellations of RR Beef Cup events. In the event of a cancellation by KCBS of a Regional Event in the RR Beef Cup, that particular Regional Event, and all corresponding Entries and potential prizes, are voided for purposes of this Contest.
Regardless of whether an Entrant participates in one or more of the Regional Events, all points will be apportioned and potential winners determined based on an Entrant's cumulative point standing as of the conclusion of a Regional Tour Event and prizes awarded as described in section 8 below. All Entrants must follow Sponsor and/or its Agents' directions. All decisions and rulings of Sponsor and/or its Agents are final. Sponsor and or its Agents reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant from participation in this Contest at any level, any time and for any reason.
7. Prizes; Winner Selection: There are ten (10) Rancher's Reserve Beef Cup Regional Champion Cash Prizes and three (3) Rancher's Reserve Beef Cup Points Chase Grand Champion Prizes in this Contest. Subject to the compliance with these Official Rules and verification of Entrant's cumulative point totals, prizes will be awarded at the conclusion of Regional Events as follows:
Ten (10) Rancher's Reserve Regional Champion Cash Prizes: At the conclusion of each Regional Event, 1st Place Competition Winners/Teams in the additional beef category will each receive a check in the amount of nine hundred dollars ($900 USD), 2nd Place Competition Winners/Teams in the additional beef category will each receive a check in the amount of seven hundred dollars ($700 USD) and 3rd Place Competition Winners/Teams in the additional beef category will each receive a check in the amount of five hundred dollars ($500 USD) paid by each Regional Event. Entrants must have returned completed recipe card before they will receive compensation from event. MMA Creative will send each Regional Event a check to cover the additional prize money.
Three (3) Rancher's Reserve Points Chase Grand Champion Prizes: At the conclusion of the tenth (10th) and last Regional Event, the Entrant/Team with the highest cumulative point total from all Regional Events will be determined. The Rancher's Reserve Points Chase Grand Champion will receive a check in the amount of five thousand dollars ($5,000 USD), the Reserve Grand Champion will receive a check in the amount of two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500 USD) and 3rd Place Champion will receive a check in the amount of one thousand dollars ($1,000 USD) at the 2014 KCBS Banquet.
In the unlikely event of a tie for the Grand Champion Prize, the winner among the tying Entrants will be determined based on the Entrant with the most 1st Place wins in the additional beef category over the course of the ten Regional Events (inclusive). If after this process a tie still remains, then the winner among the tying Entrants will be determined based on the Entrant with the most 2ndPlace wins in the additional beef category, and so on. This process will be repeated until an ultimate Rancher's Reserve Points Chase Grand Champion has been determined.
Regardless of the number of persons comprising a winning team or Entrant, only one (1) prize will be delivered to the Team Contact on behalf of his/her team members and it will be the sole responsibility of the Team Contact to distribute prizes equally among his/her team members.
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitution of prize for cash or other goods and services is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to provide a substitute prize of approximately equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable. Only the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, gratuities, unspecified expenses and all applicable federal, state and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the individual winners/teams. Winners/teams assume all liability for use of the prize.
8. Winner Notification: Potential winners will be notified onsite following the conclusion of the day's Regional Event activities. MMA Creative & KCBS will notify the Grand Champion winners prior to the 2014 annual banquet.
9. Right to Use Participant Name and Likeness: By entering this Contest, each Participant agrees to the posting and use of his or her name, hometown and/or photograph on Sponsor's and/or its Agents' websites, and in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity and advertising for Rancher's Reserve Beef, this Contest, or other promotions by Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation, except where prohibited by law. Completed recipe card is the property of the Sponsor and will be used without further attribution or notification at the discretion of the Sponsor and it's Agents.
Sponsor and/or its Agents may film, record and/or take photographs during any Regional Event, and may use the resulting footage, recordings or photographs for a range of purposes, including, without limitation, for marketing and promoting Sponsor and/or its Agents' products and services. By attending the Regional Event, each Participant authorizes Sponsor and its Agents to film, record and/or photograph his or her voice and likeness ("Image"), and also grants Sponsor and its Agents the irrevocable right to use any footage, recordings or photographs of him or her recorded or taken during any Regional Event, or any reproduction or modification thereof (collectively, the "Recordings") in any manner and medium throughout the world an unlimited number of times in perpetuity for advertising, trade, promotion, exhibition or any other lawful purpose except where prohibited by law. By attending the Regional Event, except where prohibited by law, each Participant further waives any right of inspection or approval of the uses to which Sponsor may put the Recordings, and releases Sponsor and its Agents from any and all claims arising out of or in connection with the Recordings, the Participant's Image or Sponsor's and/or its Agents' use thereof. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States, and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
10. General Conditions; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS ARE NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, LOSS OR INJURY RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST BY ANY PARTICIPANT OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, SHIPPING AND HANDLING, LOSS, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST, OR FOR THE TRAVEL TO OR FROM ANY REGIONAL EVENT, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY. BY ENTERING, PARTICIPANT ASSUMES SOLE LIABILITY FOR INJURIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURIES AND/OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, CAUSED OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, SHIPPING AND HANDLING, LOSS, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN THIS CONTEST, OR FOR THE TRAVEL TO OR FROM ANY REGIONAL EVENT, OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTEST-RELATED ACTIVITY. SPONSOR HAS THE RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE OR MODIFY THIS CONTEST IF IT CANNOT BE COMPLETED AS PLANNED DUE TO COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, TECHNICAL FAILURES, OR OTHER CONDITIONS BEYOND SPONSOR'S CONTROL. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE TO CONTACT ENTRANTS, WHETHER DUE TO TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR. SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO DISQUALIFY ANY INDIVIDUAL IT FINDS TO BE TAMPERING WITH THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR TO BE ACTING IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR IN AN UNSPORTSMANLIKE OR DISRUPTIVE MANNER. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SPONSOR'S FAILURE TO ENFORCE ANY TERM OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES SHALL NOT CONSTITUTE A WAIVER OF THAT PROVISION OR ANY OTHER PROVISION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
11. RELEASE. By entering, each Entrant forever and irrevocably releases and holds harmless Sponsor and its Agents and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliates, Contest partners and prize suppliers, and all of their respective employees, officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, representatives and agents from and against all claims, damages or liabilities arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entrant's participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or Entrant's award, receipt or use of any prize awarded in the Contest.
12. Rules and List of Winners. For a copy of the rules, or a list of winners within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of the Contest, please send your request by mail with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to: Attn: Rancher's Reserve Beef Cup, Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation, 151 N. Main Street, Wichita, KS 67202
13. Sponsor. This Contest is sponsored by Rancher's Reserve c/o Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation
14. Regional Event Schedule:
|West Coast BBQ Classic||Long Beach, CA||5/10/2013|
|Salute to Service BBQ Challenge||Mesa, AZ||5/24/2013|
|BBQ, Blues & Brews on the Bay||North Bend, OR||5/25/2013|
|Colorado Barbecue Challenge||Frisco, CO||6/14/2013|
|Firin' Up the Fox||St. Charles, IL||7/5/2013|
|Wine Country Big Q||Santa Rosa, CA||7/12/2013|
|Maryland State BBQ Bash||Bel Air, MD||8/9/2013|
|Bedford Blues & BBQ Festival||Bedford, TX||8/31/2013|
|Dana Point BBQ Championship||Dana Point, CA||10/4/2013|
|World Food Championships||Las Vegas, NV||11/7/2013|